Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's Christmas Time Again!

   They sang their way into the hearts of screaming girls all over the world and now they have done it again! And no, I'm not talking about those British wannabes. The world of boy bands has belonged to them since 1993 and they will never stop being number one. That's right, I'm talking about the one and only, Backstreet Boys!



   I know this blog is supposed to be about TV, but I am making an exception because my favorite band in the entire world, the Backstreet Boys, (that's right, I'm 19 and still love them and I always will!) has released a Christmas single!! I am so excited because they have never done a Christmas album and haven't released a Christmas song in a very long time. It is an original track titled "It's Christmas Time Again" and it is phenomenal! (Available to buy on iTunes and Amazon) I might be slightly biased but they truly are amazing. And what makes it even better, it is the first single that has been released since the return of the beloved Kevin Richardson!





   The boys have been hard at work on their new album, set to release next summer, but they surprised fans with an early Christmas gift of tweeting a link to hear a snippet of the new song. Just days before the release on iTunes and Amazon, the boys sent out a link to their AOL page allowing fans to hear the song in its entirety. I will admit, I thought this meant a surprise Christmas album would follow, but it's looking like we still have to wait until 2013 to hear the work that was done this past summer in London. I can't wait!! Until then, I will playing this song in my house non-stop, celebrating two of my favorite things, Christmas and the Backstreet Boys.



   For those of you that are curious (which is probably no one), this is my own personal history with the Backstreet Boys:
-I have seen 5 of their concerts: The Homecoming and Millenium concerts were recorded on VHS and are still watched, I attended the Black and Blue concert in Charlotte, NC, the what I call "Coming Back" concert (after their 2 year hiatus but before Never Gone was actually released) which was in Raleigh, NC, and the most recent NKOTBSB concert in Greensboro, NC.
-I have every CD they have ever recorded (that was released in America or Europe) and I am currently working on obtaining the Australian edition of 'Backstreets Back' because it has songs that were not released on the American or European versions and they are some of my favorites!
-Fun Fact: My age is the age of the band! I was born in 1993, they got together in 1993, and in 2013 they are celebrating their 20th anniversary!

   All in all, the boys are back and I couldn't be happier! And my feelings are those of millions of people all over the globe! The world still needs A.J.'s rocker pipes, Kevin's fulfilling bass, Howie's sweet falsetto, Brian's soft yet powerful sound, and Nick's face. Just kidding! They wouldn't be the same without his beautiful pop vocals! But in all seriousness, can anyone imagine a world without his gorgeous face? Because I can't. The Backstreet Boys are timeless, and as long there'll be music they'll be comin' back again!

All photos courtesy of Backstreet Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment