Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Happenings


   I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mine was very simple and calm (mostly because my whole family got sick) but it ended up being one of the best Thanksgiving weekends we had ever had! I did go out on Black Friday but only because I had to work. Luckily I got nice customers and no psychos. What did you think of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? As usual, I loved most of it. There are always a few people I either don't know of don't like but I had two favorite parts this year (and surprisingly, neither of them were the number from Elf the Musical). My two favorite parts were, first, the marching band that had robot-like uniforms on. They had some of the craziest formations I have ever seen, even on a football field! And yes I love watching awesome marching bands, I did color guard so I have a bit of band geek in me. My other favorite part was during the 'Elf Yourself' float and all the kids were clogging, there was a little girl who the camera stayed on most of the time and she was so good! She also looked like she was going to keel over once her feet stopped moving 50 miles an hour.


   I was so happy to see Karmin perform, and see Jimmy Fallon and The Roots rock out! To be honest those are the only bands I remember. Clearly I didn't really like any of the others. The Rockettes kicked their legs up as always, but other than that their performance wasn't that impressive. It was good, don't get me wrong, but nothing stood out as really really awesome. And I don't know about you, but I did not love the group that did a song and dance about how there are Santa's all over the world. I thought there was only one! You know, like the one that came out right after that song to end the parade and tell the world it is now socially acceptable to play Christmas music in public? If I was a child, I would have had a lot of questions for Mom and Dad after that number... anyways, the real end to the festivities for me was seeing the dog show come on after the parade, which I stopped watching after the beagle was passed over.



   I didn't mention this before the holiday but I decided that I wasn't going to do any posts while on break. So now that break is over, I'll be back will my normal stuff tomorrow. No reviews or recaps for you but I do have a few things to share. First, Partners was cancelled! :( I was so upset when I heard, especially since I had only done my first review the other week. But mostly because it was such a good show! There are about 7 episodes that have already been filmed but CBS will not be airing them. Reruns of other CBS shows (Two and an Half Men, Rules of Engagement) will play in it's 8:30 time slot until they find something else to fill it. I don't see why they can't at least follow NBC's lead and show the filmed episodes before completely cutting the show (as NBC did with their new comedy flop Animal Practice). If you are like me and want to know what the other episodes were going to be, here is a link that will tell you.

   In other news, Chevy Chase is leaving Community, surprise surprise. While his character's exit from the show is unclear, he will be in the season 4 finale. In better news, Jaime Foxx is hosting Saturday Night Live this Saturday, December 8th! I would say I really hope it's going to be funny but with a man like Foxx, he will make sure it's funny. Also, probably anything he does will be funnier than everything Jeremy Renner did a couple weeks ago. In the best news, Disney will be doing a Boy Meets World spinoff titled Girl Meets World, which follows Cory and Topanga as parents raising their teenage daughter. That's right, the best show on television is returning! Kind of. To read more about the new show and my ecstatic feelings about it, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment