Sunday, January 15, 2017

I'm Back!

    Hello and welcome to a revamped blog! The once titled "Guilty Pleasures" has now become "Professional Binge-Watcher" because come on, who wouldn't want that job? Granted, it's not an actual job that I get paid for but a girl can dream.

    Now, it's been almost three years since I last posted to this blog. Three years ago, I was skipping my college classes and spending all my days at a cafe inside a grocery store. I was depressed, eating A LOT, and I found all my joy in watching Netflix while I was supposed to be in class and then blogging about it. It was the only thing I felt I could do right. I even started doing reviews (for free) for a site based in the UK. The schedule of it got to be overwhelming for me, especially since I was working at Barnes & Noble, nannying, and still pretending I was going to school so I stopped. Long story short, I ended up finally seeking help and seeing a therapist, I took a certification test for me to be a Special Ed. teaching assistant and I got another part-time job at a middle school. I was working three jobs for a few years, officially taking a break from school, and my life was getting better.

    Fast forward three years to now. I got a full time job as an Instructional Assistant at a great school, I'm much happier, and I have some wonderful friends. I'm still working on that whole "finish school and get a degree thing" but that is my ultimate goal. In the meantime, I've been looking to start writing again so I decided to pick back up my blog! I'm hoping this will help me keep a creative outlet and hopefully be something to use to jump into another career path. We'll see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment