Monday, October 15, 2012

A New Beginning

I am starting a new blog solely dedicated to writing TV show reviews! If this is not your thing, check out my other (slightly outdated) photography blog here! Hopefully there will be something there for you. Anyways, I have been convinced to start this blog by my mom and sister. They say I watch too much TV so I might as well do something with it. The truth is, TV is my guilty pleasure. Not just one show, but just the whole thing. I get wrapped up in all these shows and these fictional characters, just as one gets wrapped up in a good book. Doing this blog makes sense to me because I love writing and I care about television, so why not do something that incorporates both? One day I hope to be a producer of an awesome comedy show, or just Lorne Michaels' lackey, whichever gets me to New York quicker. I thought about being a TV writer for a comedy show but as much as I love the idea, I have zero confidence in myself that I could ever pull it off. I mean, I watch these shows and I think "I will never be that funny in a million years". I see interviews with show creators and writers and they talk about how they all sit in a room with the script and everyone just throws around jokes. Is it just me or does like seem like the best job ever? Maybe a miracle will happen and one day I'll have the confidence to actually write something, submit writing samples to someone, and they will laugh. That would probably be the best thing that could ever happen. But until then, I'll shoot for bigger goals, like jumping from nothing all the way to a big time producer! Obviously I will have to work my way up, but I would honestly be happy just getting the camera guys water. Any job that could get me on a real TV set. But until those things seem slightly realistic, I'll be here, writing my heart out for no one to see! But if you do see this, thanks for reading! And tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment